Mileage

  • Week:
  • Month:
  • Year:

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Salt Lake City Marathon...

I really enjoyed this race.  I was able to see and converse with many friends along the way,  my brother-in-law, and my dad around mile 19.  The social aspect is what made for a good day for me.  I didn't expect an overall pr, but managed one for the course, so that was a bonus.  I felt decent physically for the bulk of the race, and the miles seemed to go by quickly.  I guess it helped having people distract me throughout the event.
This was a tune-up race for ones to come this year, so I can potentially meet some time goals on a couple other courses.  I'm gearing up to hopefully pr at Utah Valley, &/or St. George.  As anyone knows; race day can be hard to predict as there are many variables to affect a performance.


Here I am in the bright yellow shirt approaching the finish line....
Official finishing time: 3:13:50
Overall placing: 43/1197
Age group placing: 15/114

No comments:

Post a Comment